Friday, June 22, 2007

Life's Good

After moaning and groaning for about two months I finally had more responsibilities added to my plate. So now in addition to managing all primary research, I am also responsible for TV and movie product placements and any ad-hoc print advertising opportunities that come up. Not too shabby at all.

I am swamped at work, school is kicking my ass. Last weekend I bought my first set of oils and am in the middle of creating my very first oil painting. Interestingly enough it’s not as difficult as I thought it would be, acrylics seems to a little harder.

You know, of the past few years I had forgotten how much I loved Maynard. I think its now almost 10 years ago that I drove about a hundred miles to Hartford to see him. Okay, so I didn’t exactly drive out there to see him, more like Trent. But it was love at first sight and even now when I hear him I can still see the darkness that surrounded him and become enveloped by that feeling.

Responsible work, fun hobbies, f**cking awesome music, new kick-ass wheels. I feel like breaking out the stratocaster. Summer has only just begun but life's good. Like being on the beach with an icy margarita.

No comments: