Thursday, November 02, 2006

The week of two hour lunches

If only I could take a nap right now I’d be one very happy camper. This has been the week of two hour lunches. Senior management is gone and there’s hardly anyone in the office. Oh mini vacation.

So how did I make use of this time you ask? Let’s see.

Monday: A group of us went to the mall and ate mall food. Taco Bell and KFC to be exact. I am convinced that Taco Bell stuffs their tacos with whatever road-kill they can find along with all the bugs that they sweep up in their grimy little stores. I think I turned green after eating there.

Tuesday: Oh yeah. Sushi and then more sushi. Who would have thought that raw fish would taste so yummy when dipped in soy sauce. The one food I can eat everyday. I have to say though that I miss Japanese curry. I’ve tried Korean curry but it doesn’t come even close to what the Japanese make.

Wednesday: One of my friends decided that it was a good day to take me to a belated birthday lunch. Instead of taking me for margaritas like I wanted she took me for Syrian food – which is no different than Turkish food btw. The hummus was good but then again, when is hummus ever bad? The lamb was a little too fatty and that was the end of my lunch. Oh well.

Thursday: Today we went to the all you can eat curry buffet. Yeah baby. Indians know how to use their spices and do love to use as much of it as they can. So much of it in fact that when you leave the food it sticks to your hair and clothe. But damn it was good.

Friday: Not yet. I think I go for my margarita and giant burrito tomorrow. That’s a good way to end the week. Yeee haaa.

No comments: